Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Clinical Trial Business Partnering (CTBP) department is focused on executing the business' sourcing strategy across all phases of R&D development operations. This group applies a common framework to drive efficient, consistent and compliant processes for vendor relationship and management of BMS' major clinical service providers. Serving as a bridge between BMS' clinical teams and external services providers, the Vendor & Outsourcing Management group within CTBP is responsible for building the appropriate in-house management/oversight structure and mechanisms, while driving the external collaboration with clinical service providers in effort to yield a multitude of innovative ideas to deliver on BMS' goals.
This position reports to the Director of Scientific Vendors & Outsourcing Management. As an integral member of CTBP, the Outsourcing Manager is the process gatekeeper and expert related to outsourcing processes. The Outsourcing Manager will be asked to efficiently and independently perform the duties and responsibilities for this role as outlined below:
- Provide operational expertise and strategic leadership, support, guidance and training to teams on all aspects of outsourced work
- Ensure alignment of teams to the related BMS outsourcing strategies
- Drive outsourcing activities by interfacing with operational teams, support groups and service providers for successful selection, contracting and execution of outsourced studies while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, ethical practices, BMS outsourcing and procurement policies and procedures
- Degree in Legal, Life science, Business Administration or equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
- Clinical development experience of 3 to 5 years required, with Scientific, Financial and Project management experience desired
- Experience interacting with a wide range of suppliers (e.g., Contract Research Organizations, Cooperative groups, Clinical laboratories, Core laboratories including ECG and Imaging service providers): initiating, negotiating and executing legal and/or financial agreements in the clinical trials environment- biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience in managing key internal and external stakeholders effectively by frequently soliciting input and gathering and incorporating feedback into processes as appropriate
- Effective management of cross-functional, multi-cultural teams and demonstrated ability to work and influence within a matrix structure
- Proven time management skills and ability to be flexible to meet job demands and take on new initiatives and improvement efforts
- Ability to sustain high levels of performance in a constantly changing environment