Associate Medical Director- Rheumatology
Provides specialist medical and scientific strategic and operational input into core medical affairs activities such as: health-care professional and provider interactions (Payers, Patients, Prescribers, and Providers); generation of clinical and scientific data (enhancing therapeutic benefit and value); educational initiatives (medical education, data, guidelines, and value proposition); safeguarding patient safety (risk minimization activities and safety surveillance activities). Works closely with sales, marketing and commercial teams to provide strategic medical input into core brand (product) strategies, and to support medical and marketing activities (promotional material generation and product launches) and market access.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- With oversight, contributes to the development of brand strategies.
- Contributes to the development of and leads the execution of the Medical Education / Advisory Board & EE Engagement Plan generation in line with TA plan. Lead the individual (US or Global) Conference planning and execution.
- Generates clinical and scientific data (DOF) as needed to support external communication (RRTI).
- Responsible to manage budget for assigned projects.
- May support teams with subject matter expertise.
- Aligns Medical education and scientific initiatives with Sci Comm Platform. Informs Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) strategy and can act as Docent for IISs.
- Actively contributes to the development of a TA EE Engagement Plan.
- Contributes to the generation of MI communication content and supports training on Medical Information (MI) materials.
- Participation in design and execution of clinical trial safety, product safety and risk management plans. Track RMP implementation.
- Medical Review (MR) Training on label, clinical data and disease state.
- Advanced Degree PhD, PharmD, PA, NP highly preferred. Residency or additional post doctorate experience highly preferred.
- Typically 8 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent; substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area required.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in the design of protocols preferred.
- May have performed protocol design in the academic environment and/or acted as an assistant PI.
- Interactions normally require the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects and schedules, etc.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- May interact with and coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc.) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects.
- May assist as consultant and liaison with other corporations when working under licensing agreements and/or in the evaluation of new business development opportunities.
- Represents AbbVie at external meetings including investigator meetings, scientific association meetings, etc.
- Works with some supervision and guidance. Exercises judgment within well-defined practices and policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled