BioProcess Development Associate 2, Pilot Plant / Fermentation 300L
The Pilot Plant team is seeking a BioProcess Development Associate to support the development and small-scale production efforts in our pilot plant. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the pilot plant and process development teams who are responsible for fermentation and downstream recovery and purification.
- Basic operations and maintenance of fermentation and separations equipment
- Monitor processes and identify deviations or opportunities for improvement
- Sample processes and prepare them for routine analysis
- Enter data into various web applications and databases for analysis
- Proficient in basic lab techniques, procedures, and assays
- Clean (CIP) and set-up process equipment such as fermenters, portable tanks, continuous centrifuges, homogenizers, and filters
- Communicate well within a team framework, effectively prioritize work, and work efficiently
- Adhere to all facility safety procedures and policies
- 2+ years of related experience
- BA/BS in scientific discipline or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of Fermentation and/or Separation processes
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization operations and experience with laminar flow hoods
- Demonstrated ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures for routine work and receive instructions for new processes
- Team player with strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours per day while monitoring operations and performing tasks
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and safely move portable tanks ranging in size from 10L to 300L
- Work Monday thru Friday with occasional weekend and overtime duties
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.amyris.com.