Immune Cell Engineering Research Associate
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a leading company in CRISPR genome engineering located in Berkeley, CA. Caribou's tools and technologies provide transformative capabilities to therapeutic development, agricultural biotechnology, industrial biotechnology, basic and applied biological research. The six-year-old company has developed a best-in-class CRISPR genome engineering technology platform and has a leading intellectual property position.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join our Immune Cell Engineering team in Berkeley. The ideal candidate will interact closely with functional group leaders, scientists and research associates to drive discovery and development of new therapeutics in pre-clinical development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mammalian cell culture, including isolation, culture and manipulation of primary cells
- Immune cell biology-based assay development and implementation in the context of an allogeneic CAR-T preclinical program
- Assay development and implementation of gene-editing technologies in primary cells
- Coordinate experiments with other Scientists and RAs across functional groups, compile data and present results and stay current on relevant primary literature
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Cell biology, Immunology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in research operations, preferably in pharma or biotech
- Broad expertise in primary cell culture techniques
- Competency in immunohistochemistry / flow cytometry / fluorescence activated cell sorting
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work
- effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in immunology or oncology
- Experience of evaluating therapeutic candidates in animal models
- Experience of technical report writing
- Application of genome editing technologies
- High-throughput assay development
- Experience with lab automation
Caribou Biosciences, Inc. is a dynamic start-up company, and the successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. For more information, please visit www.cariboubio.com. Caribou is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @CaribouBio.
Caribou offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to Company-observed holidays. The Company provides medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. Caribou promotes a culture in which employees are respected and rewarded for hard work, innovation, personal initiative, and teamwork.
Caribou is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law. In addition, Caribou prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.