Inception Sciences has an exciting opportunity for a biochemist or enzymologist to join our existing drug discovery team in San Diego. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of target validation plans, establishing biochemical and cellular assays and guiding research and drug discovery projects. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary drug discovery team of experienced chemists, biologists and DMPK scientists.
• Ph.D. with a minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in biochemistry or enzymology
• Experience as an independent research scientist in an academic or pharmaceutical/ biotech environment
• Use biochemical techniques to identify and profile drug candidates and investigate their mechanism of action. Experience with high throughput assays is an asset.
• Experience overseeing research associates on studies across multiple drug discovery programs
• A strong team player who enjoys scientific discovery and has the ability to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary environment
• A strong desire to learn and to continue to stay close to the science
• The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge in the areas of immunology or immune oncology
• Prior experience in drug development in Pharma or Biotech industry is an asset
• Excellent oral and written communication
Inception Sciences offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume to HR@inceptionsci.com.