Come join our world-class team evaluating, in-licensing and developing innovative therapeutic products internationally.
HUYA Bioscience International is a development-stage biopharmaceutical company bringing innovations from China to global markets in multiple therapeutic areas. HUYA’s lead compound in oncology, HBI-8000, is in late stage clinical development in Japan and Korea as monotherapy for the treatment of hematological malignancies. In the United States, HBI-8000 is being developed in combination with immune checkpoint inhibitors in solid tumors. The Company’s lead cardiovascular program, HBI-3000, recently completed a Phase 1 trial in Europe. Two additional compounds are in early evaluation for oncology and cardiovascular diseases. More information can be found at www.huyabio.com
To support our overall growth through clinical development of our programs, HUYA is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, goal-oriented individual to take an active role in strategic planning. You will report to the SVP of Strategic Planning. The successful candidate will help us maintain our competitive advantage and allocate resources appropriately. Critical thinking is essential to this role. The successful candidate will be analytically driven with strong organizational abilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reporting project status and implementing appropriate actions in managing deliverables and risks. Coordinating with department leaders, anticipating changing resource needs and making appropriate recommendations. Aspects of this job duty may be performed in collaboration with the Clinical Operations and Program Management functions but will need to coordinate activities of stakeholders across the entire corporate structure. The Strategic Planner will also manage cloud-based data rooms, prepare PowerPoint and white paper presentations, assist with “ad hoc” special projects as required, and work with various members of the Executive Leadership team. Align processes, resource planning and department goals with overall strategy with the use of forecasts and analytical models.
Externally, this position helps represent the HUYA corporate development team in interactions with current and potential strategic affiliations of HUYA as well as the Board of Directors.
This is an office-based position that works in a cross-functional and dynamic environment. Clear, timely, professional, and effective communication with all HUYA functional areas and global office sites is essential. This is an exciting new role within HUYA and a key position within our clinical development expertise.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Understand and supporting the company’s strategy and mission
- Converting raw data into actionable information
- Using cloud-based data rooms to track due diligence activities and support corporate goals
- High competence managing and tracking project data and metrics (Key Performance Indicators, milestones, financial) across functional groups using Excel tools and related tracking systems
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyze business proposals
- Research competition to identify threats and opportunities
- Assess the company’s operational and strategic performance
- Familiarity with financial budgeting and forecasting or reporting
- Requires strong attention to detail and the ability to establish priorities, schedule and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully within a cross-functional team and a matrix organization
- Ability to handle ambiguity and offer solutions to challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Life/Health Sciences, Finance, or Management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in cross functional planning preferred
- Expertise in managing data rooms preferred
- Expertise in visual presentation of data required
The position is full‐time and the candidate must be within commuting distance to HUYA’s San Diego office.