Senior/Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
ChemPartner is searching for an experienced medicinal chemist with industry experience in drug discovery to play a leadership role at our research site located in South San Francisco. ChemPartner is a pioneering Contract Research Organization based in Shanghai, China, which focuses on drug discovery research services across a variety of disciplines including small-molecule chemistry support, PKDM services, in vitro and in vivo biology, contract manufacturing and discovery biologics. With a team of over 2000 scientists and many western-trained pharmaceutical industry executives in senior management, ChemPartner is equipped to accomplish the research initiatives of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies from around the world.
ChemPartner is well-positioned to provide technical capability as well as intellectual expertise to our collaborators so that they may realize their drug discovery research objectives. Our site in South San Francisco aims to provide research partners with a value-added service that surpasses the CRO industry standard. Our goal is to deliver complete research solutions to our partners, as opposed to limited research execution. We are seeking experienced, talented medicinal chemists to contribute to the success of our new model for innovation partnerships.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated record of achievement in medicinal chemistry, exhibited by publications, patents and/or IND-filings, and a deep understanding of both synthetic organic methodology and medicinal chemistry. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual capable of managing relationships with our clients and our-China based colleagues. Experience leading research programs in small molecule lead discovery and optimization is critical, and the ability to manage chemistry teams located primarily in China is necessary.
The position is based in South San Francisco, but limited travel to China will be necessary. English fluency is required and Mandarin fluency is preferred but not required.
- Small-molecule drug discovery project leadership that integrates client objectives with full use of ChemPartner resources
- Flexibility to support programs that require project management across functions and that may necessitate contributions “from the bench” with laboratory-based research
- Broad capability in designing small-molecule drug candidates based on in vitro and in vivo biological activity, PKDM, physicochemical and IP-relevant data
- Understanding of current synthetic methods, traditional medicinal chemistry principles, general target biology, structure-based drug design and IP concerns related to small molecule drug discovery
- Effective communication with the client as well as the project team members located in China
- Ph.D. in organic or medicinal chemistry with >5 years experience in small molecule medicinal chemistry at pharma or biotech companies
- Record of achievement in drug discovery by published peer-reviewed journals, patent applications and/or IND-filings
- Experience leading chemistry teams on small-molecule drug discovery projects
- Demonstrated expertise in structure-based drug design that includes familiarity with computational tools commonly used in the field
- Drive to be a defining and indispensable member of an evolving, industry-leading team that sets the standard for innovation partners world wide
To be considered for this position please submit a current comprehensive curriculum vitae together with a separate summary of your key research contributions, not to exceed three pages, by email to CPemail@example.com quoting reference number 18004 in the subject line