Lead in vivo Pharmacologist
Inception Sciences is a preclinical drug discovery company, with research sites in Vancouver, Montréal and San Diego. In collaboration with pioneering academic researchers, Inception Sciences has created multiple new research programs and companies for translating breakthrough scientific insights into novel therapies. The Vancouver laboratory is focused on precision kidney therapies and presently consists of a group of in vitro biologists and medicinal chemists. We are expanding our site in early 2019 with the addition of a vivarium and DMPK facilities.
For more information on Inception Sciences please visit www.inceptionsci.ca.
Lead in vivo Pharmacologist Position in Vancouver
Inception Sciences Canada is currently seeking a lead pharmacologist to join our existing drug discovery team at our laboratories situated on Great Northern Way in Vancouver. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the new vivarium, the development and execution of rodent in vivo models and performing pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary drug discovery team of chemists, biologists and DMPK scientists.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. with a minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in in vivo pharmacology
- Extensive hands-on experience and demonstrated abilities to design and perform in vivo pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and drug efficacy studies
- Experience overseeing a small group of research associates on studies across multiple drug discovery programs
- A strong team player who enjoys scientific discovery and has the ability to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary environment
- A strong desire to continue to stay close to the science and to perform hands-on work
- The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge in the areas of renal pharmacology and small molecule therapeutics. Knowledge of drug targets in the renal space would be an asset.
- Experience in all aspects of working with animal care committees
- Prior experience in drug development in Pharma or Biotech industry is an asset
The position title, compensation and benefits will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications. Inception Sciences is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment.
Please submit your CV and supporting documents to H-R@inceptionsci.ca