Imagion Biosystems is looking for a motivated Lab Assistant to join our growing research and development team. The Lab Assistant will support a dynamic team focused on the development of Imagion’s MagSense™ technology platform and PrecisionMRX® nanoparticles. The Lab Assistant will be responsible for assisting nanoparticle synthesis, functionalization, conjugation and characterization. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-directed, deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Lab Assistant will be required to:
- Maintain nanoparticle stocks for research use and commercial sales.
- Use a variety of characterization techniques, including dynamic light scattering, UV-Visible spectrometry, plate reader, HPLC, ELISA, cell based assay etc.
- Work well within a dynamic and interdisciplinary team under the leadership of a scientist in a laboratory environment.
- Communicate results directly to the scientist through processed data tables as well as written and oral reports.
- Deliver oral presentations to internal colleagues as well as external collaborators and customers.
- Upkeep and review of laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain lab equipment and reagents.
Lab Assistant qualifications include:
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering or related field.
- 1+ years of lab work experience required.
- Must have excellent micropippeting skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills and the ability to analyze data and plan for next steps.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative work environment.
- Ability to shift working style between carefully following standard procedures and exploring novel approaches.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibits good housekeeping skills to maintain a safe work environment.
- Detail-oriented, maintains good laboratory records/data logs.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, graphing software, etc.
About Imagion Biosystems, Inc.
Imagion Biosystems, Inc. is developing an innovative approach to cancer detection using superparamagnetic relaxometry (SPMR). Our MRX™ system has been designed to detect cancer and other diseases using the magnetic signature of our biofunctionalized PrecisionMRX™ nanoparticles. This detection platform offers greater sensitivity and specificity than is currently possible with other clinical diagnostic modalities.
To learn more, visit www.imagionbiosystems.com