Associate scientist, downstream
Position: Research Associate/Scientist
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate/Scientist to join our Protein Therapeutics group as part of the Process Development function. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of our research team and with other researchers aimed at developing novel protein therapeutics.
The successful candidate will:
- Execute multiple antibody and fusion protein purification projects to enable downstream R&D activities.
- Purify antibodies and fusion proteins using standard chromatography techniques.
- Possess a detailed understanding of major analytical methods used for antibody characterization: HPLC (SEC, glycan profiling), capillary electrophoresis and isoelectrofocusing, HPLC (SEC, glycan profiling). Knowledge ELISA is a plus.
- Participate on project teams to develop antibody- and fusion protein-based biologics.
- Be highly effective in collaborating with internal and external team members and CRO's and CDMO’s
- Apply strict attention to detail and adherence to timelines/deliverables.
- Prepare/present reports to supervisor and project team in a timely manner.
- Must have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry/protein chemistry/chemical engineering or relevant biological sciences.
- Minimum of 2 years in industry with experience in protein purification (AKTA) and characterization.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with protein purification methods, particularly column chromatography (affinity, ion-exchange, size-exclusion, hydrophobic interaction).
- Comprehensive experience of protein analytical techniques.