Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager (Job Code #18-T501)
About the Company
Headquartered in San Diego, ACEA Therapeutics, Inc. (spin off of ACEA Biosciences) is a fully-integrated late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of innovative treatment for cancer and autoimmune diseases. The company’s most advanced program AC0010, a mutation-selective, third-generation EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), is currently under Phase III clinical development in NSCLC in multiple sites including China and the US.
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager within our finance and administrative department, serving to develop and deliver the company’s vision of a productive, efficient, yet caring work environment. The right candidate will have experience working in a dynamic and fast paced environment during company scale..
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Business pref.
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, etc.)
- Three to five years’ experience working as an HR Manager (to include payroll for 50+EE’s )
- Biotech experience preferred
- M&A experience preferred
- Payroll, Full-cycle Recruiting, Performance Management, Employee Relations and EEO/Affirmative Action, etc.
- Software experience: Paychex Flex, QuickBooks, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Full-cycle recruitment of a wide variety of positions ranging from Executives, Directors, Scientists, Engineers, Sales, etc. as needed; use of 3rd party agencies, as well as internal searches;
- Coordination of supervisory and employee training programs, to include CA and federal mandated trainings.
- Corporate policy and procedures development/compliance
- Keep abreast of federal and state mandated changes within county/city and state boundaries; update handbooks & policies.
- Coordination of quarterly employee/company community volunteer efforts, and HQ events; holiday dinner
- Conflict Resolution, disciplinary counseling/administration and terminations.
- Develop and administer EEO/Affirmative Action Plan as company grows
- Ensure timely performance management process & documentation
- Manages non-US Full-time leased employee tracking/payment along with client (3rd party vendor)
- Responsible for multistate semi-monthly payroll processing to include 401k, flexible spending account administration, commissions, and PTO accrual using Paychex Online, QuickBooks and Excel; reconcile to GL, present to auditors
- Manage employee & dependent premium deductions, FSA, gym memberships, etc.
- Commercial insurance admin/renewals (WC, EPLI, D&O, etc.)
Benefit Insurance Management
- Annual renewals, proposals to management
- New hire orientation and termination processes:
- HRIS management (Paychex Flex)
- Paychex Flex online payroll processing
- Benefit enrollment, changes, and terminations in PlanSource;
- Employment verifications and background checks (ADP)
- Benefit billing management
- Ensure ACA federal benefits compliance; file reports
- Stock plan administration;
- Administration of immigration activities, green card/H-1B visa, etc.
- Safety administrator; working closely with Safety Officer for employee training, and biomedical and drug development R&D laboratories inventory, to include hazardous material and chemical inventory/waste, accurate and timely reporting/permits/disposal with city and county requirements.
- Coordinate annual safety training and emergency evacuation strategies and compliance.
- Work with appropriate departments to maintain operational permits and licenses (Business, Tax, DEA, Wastewater, etc.)
ACEA offers a collaborative, creative and supportive environment with a competitive compensation package to include: health, dental, vision, FSA, 401k plan and much more.
Interested candidates meeting the qualifications please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com (In the subject line email reference: Job Code #18-T501); EOE