Develop OpEx capabilities within site functions including, but not limited to:
- Support for Yellow Belt, Green Belt and Lean training and coaching of candidates.
- Coaching on OpEx tools, projects, and behaviors including ways to improve performance and efficiency.
- Support for and development of visual management.
- Support functional Directors and Managers through standard work, challenging the status quo and building the OpEx culture in the group.
Drive engagement with Operational Excellence through:
- Leading and coordination of OpEx initiatives to drive OpEx and Syracuse Site Objectives
- Management of idea generation and identification and elimination of waste to support cost savings and productivity improvement goals with a focus on simplification and standardization.
- Communication, information management and promotion of OpEx benefits via OpEx Boards, communication boards, meetings, coaching etc.
- Leading and coaching of workshops, projects and teams to achieve desired business benefits.
Support designated departments on
- Use of Lean Tools (e.g. Gemba, 5S, Standard Work, VSM, etc.)
- Use of Six Sigma tools (e.g. data analysis, root-cause analysis, statistical analysis)
- Use of change management tools
- Facilitation of kaizens
- Project management
- Documentation management
Lead large business change initiatives to achieve desired business benefits using Lean Six Sigma to achieve:
- Waste reduction
- Human error reduction
- Documentation simplification
Other OpEx duties:
- OpEx communications and training planning & delivery
- OpEx KPI tracking
- Participate in OpEx strategic planning and execution
- Participate in overall OpEx Governance and programs
- Keep abreast of best practices and improvement opportunities in OpEx by networking within BMS and also with external companies and industry bodies.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc:
- Core competencies of leadership, communication skills, teamwork, problem solving
- Continuous improvement mindset and willingness to challenge ways of working
- Commitment to the BioPharma Behaviors, compliance and continuous improvement
- A thorough understanding of biologics manufacturing, plant operations and engineering projects is essential
- A knowledge of regulatory and safety guidelines is necessary
- Demonstrated ability to drive change
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence upwards and across functional areas
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline.
- Five to seven years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- The incumbent must be a certified Lean Practitioner or Green Belt with a minimum of two years' experience of leading projects at this level, or can reach this requirement within 12 months of hire.
- The incumbent should have 5-7 years technical experience preferably in a cGMP environment
- In-depth knowledge of relevant cGMP, safety and environmental regulations
- OpEx/Lean Six Sigma Black Belt qualified or equivalent.