Advisor - Data Visualization
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Scientific data and information are core assets of Lilly. Providing balanced, objective, and accurate information to regulators, the scientific community, health care professionals, payers, and patients in a consistent and timely fashion across the entire drug development lifecycle is fundamental to Lilly.
As the Advisor, GSC Visualization Capabilities, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive GSC visualization capability that meets the needs of diverse audiences, leading excellence in visualization options for GSC (includes data, illustration, infographics, multimedia), and understanding/influencing the opportunities for visualization. You will draw upon information from multiple sources - including customers, competitors, and vendors - to advise teams on the visualization of highly refined, high-value, scientific information that ensure technical success for Lilly's molecules, both in regulatory submissions and approvals and in launch
GSC visualization strategy development/execution:
- Carefully study, craft, and maintain expertise on visualization capabilities, including monitoring emerging new needs and requests internally and externally, identifying trends and requirements, and understanding vendor offerings.
- Build close, cross-functional relationships with statistics, analytics, and information technology and other visualization experts within Lilly. Collaborate with and advise asset teams on visualization strategy, planning, execution and standard methodologies.
- Assess current capability, identifying gaps and needs and craft strategy for building capability, including identification key skills, education, talent needs
- Use internal and external (including outside of the pharmaceutical industry) insights to inform, develop, and refine GSC and Lilly visualization strategies.
GSC visualization excellence:
- Serve as the lead GSC visualization expert.
- Drive visualization capabilities and operational excellence globally, with a focus on a visualization strategy that delivers clear and focused communications, meets audience needs, and enables reuse.
- Monitor and continually improve GSC capabilities by working closely with teams, observing processes and outcomes throughout the various communication venues (including peer review as appropriate).
- Define, collect, analyze and act on metrics.
External industry engagement/influence:
- Involved in the development of industry standards through collaborations with external organizations, professional societies, journals, regulators, vendors, etc.
- Participates in external initiatives to foster trust and respect among external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in scientific, health, communications, or technology related field
- 7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- 5 years pharmaceutical medical writing
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Advanced Degree in health-related or scientific field.
- Experience with data visualization and or visual communication capability
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- General medical or scientific background with strong communication skills and a working knowledge of regulatory requirements, commercialization concepts, and evolving technologies.
- Experience writing regulatory/clinical trial documents and/or in external disclosures.
- Expert knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, clinical development process, scientific communications, external environment, global marketplace, and scientific communities.
- Good working knowledge of data visualization tools, including interactive and graphic design tools, evolving technologies and their applications, including analytics, relational display and visual discovery.
- Proven ability to take strategic knowledge, look for opportunities, and effectively influence the direction of daily operations.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace strategic decisions made throughout the organization and drive the necessary change needed to achieve business productivity and effectiveness goals, across people, process and tools.
Ability to work successfully across global components in a matrix organization, focus externally, and significantly change business models in a highly matrix organization, driving organizational change through influence
- Location: Based at Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status