Associate Business Systems Consultant - Digital and Web Technologies
This role is responsible for maintaining and implementing new or existing IT technology components for the Brand and Digital team supporting AbbVie.com and other externally facing systems. He or she will have a strong web and digital technology background as they partner with the business to provide expert advice, assistance and leadership with planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information systems. This position will be responsible for proactively understanding the business strategies and the technology needs of the Brand and Digital team and will be responsible for driving projects from ideation to completion; including securing cross-functional alignment of project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes, drivers and strategy; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled and/or improved via technology.
- Leads the development of a technology strategy to support the Brand and Digital team, integrated as part of their business strategy.
- Investigates and understands capabilities of the business areas existing systems and technologies currently in-use, as well as similar and connected business areas at AbbVie. Acts as IT technology knowledge area expert for Brand and Digital team.
- Investigates available technologies in industry, identifying leading solutions, and proactively seeking opportunities for the application of new or existing IT capabilities (across multiple business areas) with high-level business unit executives.
- Provides key opinion-leading clients with comprehensive strategic analyses and insights to help them discover strategic uses of IT products and services.
- Accountable for the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Responsible for communicating the business needs internally in the IT organization and with development partners to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- May create and implement test plans for new or existing platforms to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. May conduct training for new platforms as part of technology onboarding process.
- Develops relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
- Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Strong technology background with experience managing web and digital applications. Enterprise level Web Content Management (WCM) systems experience preferred.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user's experience. Proven track record of effective project leadership and positive results. Ability to self-manage time and priorities.