Lab Technician, Upstream Process Development (Contract)
Lab Technician, Upstream Process Development
About the job:
About the job:
- Aid in performing general lab maintenance activities including material inventory management, tubing/labware preparation and autoclaving, as well as overall lab cleanliness.
- Perform general equipment maintenance, including key bioprocessing equipment such as the automated cell counter, blood-gas analyzer, and nutrient/metabolite analyzers.
- Perform basic cell culture operations including media preparation, cell passaging, and cell expansions for both adherent and suspension cells to support process development activities.
- Assist in execution of cell culture experiments in the lab from initial preparation activities to breaking down and disposal of materials upon completion.
- Assist in product analysis using cell counter, blood gas analyzer, metabolite analyzer, flow cytometer, and additional lab equipment.
- Potentially execute qPCR, ELISA and cell-based assay methods to support production analytics as needed.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain data in a highly organized manner including lab notebook maintenance with good documentation practices as required.
- BS in (bio)chemical engineering or biological sciences with 1-2 years of industrial experience in cell culture manufacturing or process development.
- This is a lab-based and hands-on position requiring supporting lab maintenance, assistance in the execution of laboratory experiments, proper documentation skills, and the flexibility to move between the planning and execution of each required function as needed.
- Experience with cell culture and/or cell based assays with aseptic cell culturing technique is required.
- Experience ordering, maintaining inventories, and working with facilities and receiving a plus.
- Should be highly motivated, flexible, and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.