Bionano Genomics is looking for a candidate to work with our team to develop, test and validate novel assays and biochemical reagents for single molecule DNA analysis in the Saphyr® system. The long-range information derived from these assays can be used for de novo assembly, scaffolding of NGS contigs and structural variation analysis. This position requires a hardworking, meticulous person with outstanding laboratory skills. The candidate should demonstrate traits consistent with the company culture: drive and perseverance in accomplishing goals, a sense of responsibility and integrity, effectiveness as a team member, adaptability to new projects; strong planning and organizational skills, resourcefulness, determination and motivation to undertake and complete tasks, and enthusiasm for both the business and their work. This is a full time position located in our San Diego headquarters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Isolate ultra-high molecular weight genomic DNA from a variety of sources.
- Perform experiments to assess DNA labeling efficiency and specificity using novel reagent/enzymes.
- Identify and test parameters to improve the process.
- Develop and validate reagents and protocols.
- Perform data analysis, summarize, and present data.
Skills & Education
- Experience with DNA isolation and manipulation.
- Experience with common laboratory instrumentation.
- Working knowledge of DNA modifying reagents/enzymes
- Detail oriented with strong troubleshooting and documentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills so reliable results are delivered in a timely fashion.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or a related field with a minimum of 3-5 years working experience in an industry or academic setting
- Working knowledge of epigenetics including CpG methylation
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art genomics assays such SNP genotyping and NGS
- Experience with protein expression, purification and characterization
- Expertise in bioinformatics
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.