Postdoc - Postdoctoral Fellow: Elucidation/ Investigation of Intracellular Trafficking Pathways towa
The Postdoctoral Program is designed for true investigational and experimental research. Participants will be mentored by renowned industry scientists and collaborators at AbbVie and focused on delivering cutting-edge advancements in Discovery, Development Sciences and BioPharma. The enriching training program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience which fosters a learning environment to advance individual development with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum.
To be successful, we need outstanding individuals willing to challenge themselves to find the best solutions for our patients. The AbbVie Postdoc program is one way we are doing just that.
Through our Postdoc program, we are hiring postdocs from key academic institutions for preferred areas of science in the U.S., while providing a unique opportunity for participants to build a solid career foundation in the pharmaceutical industry while building the AbbVie brand as an employer of choice for scientific talent. Participants in the Postdoc program play an integral part in our continued success and will help us to further grow as a leader in our industry. The successful candidate will conduct novel and impactful research over a 2-3 year period. High-impact publications and presentations at scientific meetings are expected outcomes along with the opportunity to gain valuable experience working within a top-tier biopharmaceutical company. This assignment is expected to be for two years minimally and no more than three years.
The Abbvie Discovery organization is focused on developing novel therapeutics to control inflammation, neoplasia, and neurodegeneration. You will be working and collaborating in a dynamic, innovative, and multi-disciplinary environment at the interface of basic research and early drug discovery within our Global Biologics department based in Worcester, Massachusetts.
- Responsible for formulating mechanistic hypotheses, developing strategies and technologies from design to implementation and analyses.
- Focus on enhancing our understanding of the kinetic parameters or molecular characteristics that influence mechanisms involved in protein trafficking through
- PhD in biological sciences or closely related field with 0-2 years industry or postdoc experience.
- Must have a deep understanding of cell biology with an emphasis on receptor binding and internalization, endocytosis/transcytosis pathways and intracellular protein trafficking.
- Extensive hands on experience with confocal microscopy, automated imaging technologies such as Amnis and ImageXpress
- Extensive experience working with a variety of hematopoietic and stromal cell-types.
- The candidate should be energetic and inspirational, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with peers in a team.
- Record of publication in a top-tier peer reviewed journal(s).
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity.
- Global mindset to thrive in a diverse culture and environment.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.Work authorization in the United States
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Create a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation to drive the science in the field of interest
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
For further information on the company and its people, portfolio and commitments, please visit www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter or view careers on our Facebook or LinkedIn page. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled