Senior Pricing Analyst
The Senior Pricing Analyst is responsible for validation, compliance review, and analysis of the largest component of AbbVie US sales, margin and price. The position is responsible for supporting the objectives of the Managed Health Care (MHC) organization in part by facilitating the maintenance and management of the commercial RELAY Formulary review process across all branded products. The Senior Pricing Analyst provides financial consolidations and reconciliations of Managed Care rebate activity including financial support for actuals, Plan, LRP, and LBE. The incumbent will manage the analysis, appropriate dispute and payment of the Coverage Gap Discount program representing approximately $200MM in payments annually.
Provide routine and ad hoc financial analysis. Provide a high level of independent support in the initial development and ongoing Actual to Plan reconciliation of all required schedules for Plan/LBE/LRP. Provide financial support for the quarterly balance sheet review.
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Monitor and ensure compliance with RELAY Process/Procedures related to RELAY Formulary movement through the system
- Facilitate the coordination of monthly commentaries on actual to plan variances and rebate financial analytics.
- Provide actual to plan reconciliations for assigned accounts on required schedules for Plan/Update/S&OP/LRP.
- Understand all aspects of the Coverage Gap Discount program including the dispute/appeal methodology with the ability to communicate anticipated financial impact to the company
- Support various Managed Care internal customers with formulary requests, including the reporting of real-time changes to clients, formularies, competitor positioning and plan movement
- Exposure to management and continuous interactions with third party rebate processor, IQVIA; MHC Contracting and MHC Regional Sales Force.
- Prepare various sales and margin analyses that assess the financial impact of pricing strategies, both pre and post-contract execution
- Manage and coordinate internal and external audits throughout the year to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and AbbVie OEC standards
Assist with analysis and evaluation of Managed Care activity, including analysis of formularies, medical documentation and compliance with rebate agreements. Support the analyses of compliance with contracts/strategies as appropriate, identifying opportunities for AbbVie US to improve sales and/or margin.
Support ad hoc projects and special projects as needed. The incumbent is expected to operate independently to accomplish the goals and responsibilities of the position; however constant alignment with the contracting team and sales force is critical due to the nature of the role.
- 4-6 years of finance and/or accounting experience.
- Strong business ethics for handling confidential information.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and due dates, and shifting priorities, under tight timeframes.
- Ability to recognize a pattern in data issues and initiate process improvement in a timely fashion.
- Experience with Model N, QlikView, TM1, ECC, SAP a plus.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in business preferred or equivalent experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled