Senior Medical Director
Principia Biopharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing transformative oral therapies to patients with significant unmet medical needs in immunology and oncology. Principia’s proprietary Tailored Covalency® platform enables the Company to design and develop reversible and irreversible covalent, small molecule inhibitors with potencies and selectivities that have the potential to rival those of injectable biologics, yet maintain the convenience of a pill. PRN1008, a reversible covalent BTK inhibitor, is being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial in patients with pemphigus, an orphan autoimmune disease, and in a Phase 2 clinical trial in patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura, a rare hematological disease. PRN2246, a low dose covalent BTK inhibitor which crosses the blood-brain barrier, is being developed for multiple sclerosis and, potentially, for other diseases of the central nervous system. It has completed dosing in a Phase 1 clinical trial in healthy volunteers and has been partnered to Sanofi. PRN1371, a covalent inhibitor of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor, or FGFR, is being evaluated in a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors.
Reporting to, the Vice President, Clinical Development or Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Senior Medical Director will lead clinical programs in autoimmune diseases such as ITP, pemphigus vulgaris, and assist in the development of the immunoproteosome program and new therapeutic targets. The design and analysis of the clinical programs will involve close collaboration with multidisciplinary teams spanning research immunology, DMPK, biostatistics, development operations, quality, regulatory affairs, commercial strategy and CMC. As a leader in the organization, you will successfully maintain alignment and excellent communications with key stakeholders internally, and ably represent Principia to Investigators and in public presentations.
- MD (preferably MD/PhD) with Board Certification in a relevant discipline such as Internal Medicine and/or its subspecialties such as hematology/oncology, rheumatology or nephrology.
- Combination of at least 7-10 years of clinical academic research and industry drug development experience in immunology/autoimmune diseases.
- A strong understanding of clinical and basic immunology
- Willingness to work in new drug development areas (ie oncology)
- Working knowledge of currently licensed and in-development immunosuppressive drug regimens
- A demonstrated track record of independent research and peer-reviewed publications in areas of immunology research
- Strategic/creative thinker/results-oriented
- Excels in a multi-project, fast-track team-oriented environment
- A successful history of flexibility/prioritizing workload given multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, problem solving, skills
- Strong presentation skills at all levels including Board of Directors, Scientific Advisory Boards and KOLs
- Willingness to travel 10 to 20% both domestic and international
- Ability to mentor and manage junior clinical development scientists/medical directors
Principia is an equal opportunity employer.