Principal/Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical
Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company focused on cancer immunotherapy, is seeking a highly motivated senior scientist to join our team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, highly-proficient analytical scientist with a track record of developing and executing analytical plans for biologics or ADCs to support regulatory/IND filings. The position requires expert knowledge of in vitro assays used to characterize the pharmacokinetics, toxicokinetics, and anti-drug antibodies in the context of large molecule pharmaceutical development. Primary responsibilities will center on establishing an analytical development strategy aligned with the goals and status of lead and pipeline programs. Based on overall program strategy, the analytical Senior Scientist will independently design and implement experiments with in-house and external resources. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of assay development, troubleshooting, sample analysis, and eventual transfer of methods to CROs. This position will have domain leadership responsibilities within the nonclinical department and is a critical contributor to lead and pipeline development efforts.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- PhD with a degree in biology, pharmacology, immunology or a related field. Eight (8+) years of experience working in a biotech and/or CRO setting is preferred. Strong track record in the successful design and optimization of robust assays for detection of large molecules in support of regulatory filings
- Demonstrated ability to develop and refine bioanalytical methods for novel molecules and custom biomarkers in order to facilitate lead selection and IND-enabling work
- A deep knowledge of potential challenges and appropriate requirements for analytical projects across discovery and preclinical development
- Command of ELISA, MSD-based assays, cytokine measurements, and cell culture techniques
- Experience in managing ADA, PD and PK sample processing and reporting results for analysis
- Previous experience interacting with CROs and qualifying methods for CRO transfer
- Demonstrated excellence in clear cross-functional collaboration and communication in team settings
- Understanding of concepts related to drug development and track record of contributing to moving projects forward
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects while managing direct reports
- Strong oral presentation and written skills
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.