Principal Scientist/Director, Discovery Biology
The primary responsibilities of the position will be to lead an in vitro biology team in the identification and development of novel immunomodulatory therapeutics. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in immunology/immuno-oncology and will provide leadership and oversight in the execution of in vitro mechanistic studies. The incumbent will operate in a matrixed environment that spans across multiple functions. This position will manage the development and performance of scientists and research associates, ensuring high productivity, growth and technical acumen to achieve current and future goals.
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, or related field with a minimum of 10+ years’ progressive experience in drug discovery in a biotechnology setting
- Track record of successful initiation, execution and advancement of preclinical research programs
- 5+ years of building, leading and directly managing a team of scientists
- Experience in drug discovery for immune-related diseases, including immune-oncology, inflammation, and/or autoimmunity required
- Deep expertise in the design and execution of preclinical studies for the development of immunomodulatory compositions, both in vitro and in vivo
- Expert in conceiving and optimizing cell-based assays for mechanistic studies using human and mouse primary immune cell types
- Expert in technologies standardly used in immunology laboratories (eg multi-parameter flow cytometry, MSD/ELISA-based readouts)
- Excellent leadership capabilities with demonstrated skill in building, guiding and motivating effective teams and fostering productive collaborations
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.