Associate Director, Targeting and Alignment
Associate Director, Targeting and Alignment
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Targeting and Alignment Lead is responsible for managing and executing the delivery of all data-driven field force targeting and alignment deliverables to internal Ipsen customers. Reporting to the Director of Business Analytics, the individual in this role will manage internal Targeting & Alignment resources and external vendors to support a robust targeting and alignment capability at Ipsen.
The Targeting and Alignment Lead will develop critical initiatives to enhance salesforce effectiveness across Ipsen's North American franchises. Your goal will be to unlock untapped sales potential in the field by using data-driven methodologies to prioritize and target key customers. In parallel, this role will help shape the definitions and roll-out tactics for territory alignments that allocate sales reps to local markets across North America.
The person in this role must be capable of delivering continuous improvements within a sensitive, multi-stakeholder environment. Aligning the business behind KPIs that relate to targeting and alignment will also be an important component of this role. Certain targeting, alignment, and KPI reports will be developed end-to-end in house at Ipsen, while other reports will be outsourced to a vendor. When reports are outsourced, the Targeting and Alignment Lead will work with key members of the Business Analytics and Data Operations teams to ensure that vendors are delivering high-quality work in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage a team of internal Targeting & Alignment resources and external vendors to develop data-driven analyses that improve salesforce targeting and alignment in order to enhance field force effectiveness across Ipsen's North American franchises
- Coordinate the development and ongoing administration of key targeting, segmentation, and call planning initiatives to maximize overall commercial impact leveraging Ipsen's internal and external data assets
- Drive end-to-end operational effectiveness processes and projects leveraging CRM technologies such as Veeva as well as applications and dashboards that are distributed to regional sales managers or directly to field reps
- Work with your Business Analytics colleagues to further develop subnational analytics, design and integrate new KPI's, and build dashboards that enhance quantitative and qualitative insights for targeting and execution pull through
- Provide ad-hoc support for salesforce effectiveness benchmarking, segmentation, activity planning, sizing/structure and reporting in collaboration with the Integrated Insights team
- Provide insights on product mix including what should be sold where, and provide a POV around how the business is executing in terms of product mix versus best practices
- Develop and drive the business plan in tandem with VP-level leadership, ensuring all key constituents are informed of targeting and alignment initiatives
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in business administration or related field preferred
- 7+ years of pharmaceuticals and life sciences experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in business analytics or sales operations preferred
- Prior experience managing people and developing talent
Core Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills and abilities that enable an individual to effectively perform the job)
- Demonstrated success using data analyses and interpersonal skills to drive organizational change and improve business performance
- Ability to lead projects and manage internal personnel / external vendors to execute field operations deliverables such as customer segmentation, targeting, territory alignment, call planning, and product prioritization
- Strong working knowledge of primary and secondary data sources related to operational effectiveness in pharma (e.g. claims, longitudinal patient data, in-house sales data, etc.)
- Ability to anticipate internal and external business challenges and recommend process, product, or service improvements
- People management experience and skills within a data-centric work environment
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes, and methodologies
- Clear understanding of the changing healthcare marketplace
- Ability to effectively perform all functions in adherence with legal, compliance, and regulatory guidelines in the pharmaceutical industry
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.