Scientific Publications Manager
Scientific Publications Manager
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Scientific Publications Manager is a key member of the Cambridge office-based US Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area (TA) team. This position will drive all aspects of scientific publications on assigned TA products, including strategic & tactical planning and implementation of key scientific data to be presented at planned relevant congresses. The Scientific Publications Manager is also a member of various internal cross-functional teams, and serves as the central contact for internal/external stakeholders with respect to all scientific publications for the assigned TA products.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the development of strategic, tactical planning, management and execution for assigned TA publications of marketed and pipeline products for the US Medical Affairs, in alignment with the Global Publication Plan.
- Contribute and actively participate as a member of the Global Strategic Publication plan to assure it is aligned with the US needs for the respective TA
- Lead and be accountable for the timely implementation, management and execution of publication plans to ensure efficient and financially responsible execution of high-quality publication deliverables.
- Serve as central contact with internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of scientific publications to ensure efficient and transparent communication.
- Collaborate with all Medical Affairs multi-functional TA members and contribute to the development of Medical Affairs strategy for assigned publication goals at TA relevant congresses.
- Align with and support other scientific/medical activities led by global publication teams and/or alliance partners as needed.
- Provide content and editorial support for select publications as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable SOPs, policies, processes, and compliance guidelines.
- Prepare and manage publication budget for assigned product, collaborate with Finance to coordinate the processing and reporting of all financial activities.
- Oversee vendor-related activities (selection, training, contracting, onboarding, day-to-day operation, performance evaluation and improvement).
- Additional publication-related projects and assignments as needed.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
- Bachelor's degree in Health Sciences or related fields is required; Advanced degrees in Health Sciences or related fields are highly preferred (MD, PhD, PharmD, MS).
- 3+ years of industry experience in Publications, Medical Affairs, or Medical Communications within a pharmaceutical/biotech company or medical communication agencies. Can include Fellowship experience.
Core Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills and abilities that enable an individual to effectively perform the job)
- Direct experience in publication strategy, planning and publication content preparation is required
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical R&D and commercialization processes a must
- Good knowledge of principles and practices of pharmaceutical clinical studies (including design, conduct, analysis and reporting).
- Familiarity with Good Publication Practice, ICMJE guidelines and other applicable industry guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment, efficiently and delivered in a timely manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams (across geography and culture) with a group of people with diverse skill sets and personalities. Team player, agile, flexible and adaptable. Ability to build good working relationships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Must demonstrate hands on leadership in driving all publication deliverable for the respective TA team
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.