Business Systems Analyst, Research Technology Solutions
Join bluebird bio's enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong technical skills in implementing and supporting laboratory informatics systems in a biotech research and development environment. Reporting to the Director of IT R&D, this role will support R&D business units including, but not limited to, Quality Control, Process Development and Manufacturing Systems and Technology (MSAT.) Key tasks include investigating laboratory related business system requirements, identifying options for improving laboratory business systems, and meeting the needs of the business through the use of Information Technology solutions. You will act as a liaison among internal stakeholders across the science organization in order to understand the structure, processes, and operations of each group, and will recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its business goals.
About the role:
About the role:
- Partner closely with R&D, Process Dev, MSAT, and QC business stakeholders/users to elicit and understand their business processes and in turn analyze, document and translate them into requirements to drive the identification and selection of appropriate software vendors and solutions
- Work in concert with the Sr. Information Systems Architect in the implementation of Lab Informatics related initiatives and projects.
- Manage initiative/project portfolio and meet regularly with Business Sponsor/Owner to review initiatives and their respective budget/timeline/resources for prioritization.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and engage potential vendors, drive the vendor selection process, and oversee the negotiation of contracts and statements of work.
- Implement projects in accordance with the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Develop project plans to allocate and manage the necessary resources for the successful implementation of appropriate solutions. Apply project management skills and employ the necessary tools to track project tasks and deliverables. Provide post-implementation support as required.
- Provide administration support of various solutions or platforms, including but not limited to various laboratory/research applications, LIMS, ELN, and SDMS.
- Work in concert with the business owners/business admins to actively manage and optimize solutions through their lifecycle, including changes, upgrades, and enhancements.
- 8-10 years of industry experience is required
- Experience in life sciences, biotech, and/or biopharma is highly desirable, including experience with IT and business operations solutions for nonclinical and translational R&D functions, project and portfolio management, and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field; additional background in life sciences will be favorably considered
- Experience supporting and implementing the following systems: Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) - experience with Sapio Exemplar a plus; SDMS - experience with Waters Nugenesis a plus
- Familiarity with GxP systems and CFR part 11 compliance
- Strong analytic thinking and problem solving skills, proven track record for tackling complex issues and problems, and ability to manage them to successful conclusions
- Strong vendor management and project management skills
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and good problem solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment, where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself