Assistant Director, Protein Engineering
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
We are seeking a skilled biochemist /molecular biologist/immunologist at the Assistant Director level to work on a variety of cutting edge projects at the interface of protein engineering and immuno-oncology. The candidate will be expected to lead a small protein engineering team, co-lead projects, and develop in-vitro biochemical and immune assays to help develop new technologies and move pipeline projects forward.
- Work at the interface between protein engineering and biology/immunology
- Develop novel antibody based technologies
- Lead protein engineering efforts to optimize variable and constant domains of antibodies to generate novel therapeutic leads.
- Utilize expertise in biology, immunology, and biochemistry to design and implement
functional and cell-based assays to support technology development, antibody selections, and mechanistic studies
- Lead exploratory efforts and identify/validate novel therapeutic targets
- Identify and implement methodologies to enhance cell-line, antigen, and assay functionalities.
- Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
- Ph.D. and postdoctoral work in Immunology , Molecular & Cell Biology, Biochemistry or similar fields with 10+ years of post Ph.D. experience
- Background in Oncology or Immune-oncology
- Extensive experience in generation and characterization of protein and antibody (IgG) variants as clinical leads.
- Extensive experience in Fc engineering
- Experience in functional assay development
- Strong experience in primary cell culture and multi color FACS analysis
- CRISPR and lentivirus experience desirable
- Experience and knowledge in molecular biology, protein expression, and purification
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team
- Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills