Associate Director, Commercial Analytics
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
AbbVie is striving to outsmart cancer by working with scientists, physicians, industry peers, patient advocacy groups and, most importantly, patients to discover, develop, and provide new therapies that will have a remarkable impact on the lives of people around the world affected by cancer. Our goal is to provide medicines that make a transformational improvement in cancer treatment and outcomes for cancer patients. By exploring and investing in new pathways, technologies, and approaches, AbbVie is breaking ground in some of the most widespread and difficult-to-treat cancers. We are also exploring solutions to help patients obtain access to our cancer medicines. With the acquisition of Pharmacyclics in 2015 and Stemcentrx in 2016, and through several collaborations, AbbVie's oncology portfolio consists of marketed medicines and a pipeline containing multiple new molecules being actively evaluated worldwide in 200+ clinical trials in 20+ different cancers and tumor types. For more information about AbbVie Oncology, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com.
Given the Company's deep commitment to Oncology, the AbbVie U.S. Commercial Oncology organization is seeking an Associate Director of Commercial Analytics for Oncology reporting to the Director of Commercial Analytics for Oncology.
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide analytic leadership and integrate marketing and sales information for the US Oncology business to:
- Strengthen the brand team understanding of marketplace performance and opportunities through tracking, modeling, and analysis of physician, patient, payor, competitive and economic factors
- Inform the annual financial forecasting and brand planning processes - through the application of predictive models that evaluate sales contribution due to promotion
- Develop fact-based promotional investment strategies that increase the return on promotional investments
- Meaningfully communicate insights and information to a broad group of stakeholders through exceptional oral and written communication
- Conduct sub-national analysis and report key insights to stakeholders that include Sr. Leadership, Marketing and Sales Leadership and sales representatives.
- Guide development of marketing investment strategy to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of promotional activities - and influence deployment of strategy through local optimization recommendations. Complete timely evaluation of program impact and response.
- Identify and address key business issues relative to product performance ensuring that multiple stakeholder perspective is considered, and integrate all available information specific to the issue
- Leverage/build innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g. cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g. reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Lead the analytic team to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
- Effectively communicate results of complex analytical models and influence action to improve brand performance
- Guide and perform franchise analytics; Influence practices and business results through the application of Marketing Analytics. Direct team and vendors in the delivery of key analyses and data products (Symphony, IMS, Nielsen, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree (Business Administration, Statistics, Economics) required, with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis.
- This position requires 5-10 years' experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information and the use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies. It also requires strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
- Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: anticipate future needs, build collaborative partnerships, Design and implement innovative solutions, demystify complex information, communicate insights and solutions and coach for greater team effectiveness.
- This position requires an intimate knowledge of the marketing, sales, and logistics planning processes, advanced quantitative expertise, systems understanding, and the ability to develop and use specialized analytic techniques within a business setting.
- Command of the following software programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Access). Experience with SAS/SPSS preferred. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Previous Oncology experience preferred.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Strong communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies and internal partners.
- Strong planning and organization skills. Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled