Sr. Research Associate - Bioanalytical
Synthorx is a therapeutics company leveraging a revolutionary technology that expands the genetic alphabet (A, T, G, C, and X, Y), to drive the site-specific incorporation of multiple non-natural amino acids into proteins at scale. This technology platform enables the design of biotherapeutics, with initial programs focused on immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases. We are seeking a dynamic and rigorous research associate with a fluency in bioanalytical characterization of peptides and proteins, employing high-end, cutting-edge mass spectrometry methods.
Applicants should submit a resume and are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter indicating your interest in the company and how your experience is relevant to the position.
Includes scientific disciplines; Analytical chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, drug discovery (example of skills include HPLC, mass spectrometry, proteomics, protein purification and assay development).
Job duties included but are not limited:
- Designs and executes bioanalytical experiments in support of preclinical programs in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Executes experiments, conducts analysis and reports results. Performs protein and peptide detection assays using qualitative and quantitative techniques including SDS-PAGE, LC-MS/MS and UHPLC.
- Performs in-depth polypeptide characterization using top-down and bottom-up approaches.
- Performs chromatographic analysis of protein biologics using RP, IEX and SEC.
- Responsible for sample preparation from biological matrices including sample extraction techniques (SPE, LLE, protein precipitation).
- Performs data acquisition and processing and issues reports.
- Develops, maintains, and manages Standard Operation Protocols (SOPs).
- Manages and maintains equipment, reagents and dedicated laboratory environment needed to carry out assignments.
- Prepares research reports and presentations for team meetings and external partners.
- Works closely with team leaders to complete highest priority work to reach goals and milestones.
- B.S. or M.S. in the Life Sciences, preferably with an emphasis in Analytical Chemistry.
- 2 - 6 years of industry/academic laboratory work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow SOPs and perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with HPLC and/or mass spectrometry instrumentation and methods.
- Experience using polypeptide analysis techniques, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, computer, and technical writing skills.
- Familiarity with peptide/protein assays development and optimization is a plus.
- Effective problem-solving/troubleshooting skills required.
- Familiarity with LC-MS, database searching and data analysis is also a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to highly perform in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required. Proficiency with dedicated MS software packages is a strong plus.
The Company provides competitive salaries and benefits.
The Company is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. It is the policy of Company to hire, employ, train, retain, promote, demote, compensate, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence, and without regard to sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.