QA Training Specialist
QA Training Specialist
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. is a biotechnology company incorporated in September 2015 and dedicated to bringing transformative gene therapies to patients with serious and life-threatening rare diseases. This an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified candidate to join a rapidly growing international company focused on transforming the lives of patients through innovative gene therapies.
The Orchard team based in Menlo Park is in an exciting start-up phase where a Training Specialist can have a real impact on the work and foundations that are being created. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager of Quality Assurance and will be a key asset in the set-up of the Quality Department. This opportunity is unique due to the size of the team and exposure that the successful candidate will have to senior management and key decision makers.
- Responsible for creation and effective delivery of training to client group. Includes classroom, one-on-one, and on-the-job training. Could also ensure effective delivery of eLearning courses.
- Works closely with assigned clients, in their work environment, to understand and assess specific training needs.
- Communicates client training needs to training management.
- Responsible for effective delivery of cGMP and other regulatory training, as required by client group.
- Delivers initial and ongoing training for new hires and transfers. Facilitates transition of new hires/transfer-ins from training environment to work environment.
- Facilitates the assignment and un-assignment of training courses/modules for staff members.
- May include small scale training design projects to meet local client needs.
- Good interpersonal, group facilitation and presentation skills
** Other functions may be assigned.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to develop novel training material and explain complex topics to personnel of all levels.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
- Ability to make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions and take corresponding actions.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships in order to strength decision-making.
- Proactively seeks out and recommends process improvements.
- Resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’+ experience in the pharmaceutical/bio-pharma manufacturing industry or equivalent content experience
- 1-2 years formal or informal training experience
- Experience working with Quality systems in support of both early and late stage development programs.
For further information on this role do not hesitate to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including a stock option plans. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; access to a voluntary 401(k). Orchard Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
Notice to RECRUITERS: All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.