Senior Director, Global Patient Advocacy
Senior Director, Global Patient Advocacy
Orchard Therapeutics is an international biotechnology company dedicated to bringing transformative gene therapies to patients with serious and life-threatening rare diseases. Orchard is a fast-growing and well-funded company with ground-breaking science and a broad pipeline that includes several products in late stage development and at least one BLA planned for the coming year. With locations in London and California, and a new US headquarters in Boston’s Seaport District.
To join our team, Orchard Therapeutics is seeking a proactive and energetic patient advocacy leader to lead Global Patient Advocacy, supporting Orchard’s commitment to building strong relationships and partnerships with rare disease patient advocacy community and patient families. This person will lead efforts to ensure the patient perspective is integrated into Orchard’s transformative gene therapy approach.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications and External Affairs.
- Assess opportunities and help define and build patient advocacy infrastructure and function that delivers on Orchard’s vision for patient engagement
- Develop new and deep existing patient advocacy relationships within rare disease space in US and in Europe
- Oversee strategic patient advocacy programs and partnerships related to disease awareness and education, diagnosis access, in collaboration with cross-functional peers
- Support clinical trial awareness and patient identification initiatives across the portfolio
- Enhance the patient-centric culture within the company and lead a collection of patient and family insights to inform key corporate efforts
- Facilitate awareness and access to patient resources, support services and solutions among patient communities
- Foster strong partnerships with public affairs, marketing, market access, legal and regulatory to ensure alignment on objectives and opportunities with regards to advocacy engagement
- Partner with medical affairs and clinical to ensure patient inquiries about our programs are rapidly addressed
- Manage grant and sponsorship distribution
- Ensure Orchard’s commitment to patient advocacy is visible at various rare disease and gene therapy conferences and symposium, planning key engagements at major conferences
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to champion voice of rare disease patients
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory and compliance environment surrounding patient advocacy in the pharmaceutical industry
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, high emotional intelligence; ability to successfully influence without authority and effectively work across functions and personalities
- BA/BS in Communications (or relevant field) and advanced degree in public health or health policy preferred
- Excellent judgment when making decisions; always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business; excellent budget management and organization skills essential
- Superior presentation, education and meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities
- High energy, motivated and aggressive about getting results and growing our company every day
- Willingness to travel (30%) domestically and internationally
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including an annual bonus and a stock option plan. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; and access to a voluntary 401(k) with company match. Orchard Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
Notice to RECRUITERS: All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.