Production Shift Lead
Personalis is a genome-scale diagnostics company pioneering genome-guided medicine. Personalis Genome Services provides clinicians and researchers accurate comprehensive end-to-end human genome sequencing and interpretation solutions in Cancer, Immune-oncology and Inherited Disease. We provide accuracy-enhanced genome sequencing assays, conducted in our state-of-the art laboratory. We analyze results utilizing proprietary databases, advanced human reference sequences, and sophisticated algorithms. Located in Menlo Park, CA, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated 4 Production Shift Leads to join our Operations team.
The shift Leads will report to the Lab Manager and perform duties as assigned that includes: meeting the daily production schedule, helping research associates with specific duties, solving and troubleshooting issues as needed.
The AM shift Leads will work Sunday from 10:30am to 7:30pm and Monday to Thursday from 6am to 3pm. The PM Shift Leads will work Tuesday to Friday from 1pm to 10pm and Saturday from10:30am to 7:30pm.
Shift Leads are responsible for supervising next generation sequencing operations conducted in the Personalis lab. They ensure that activities are performed according to established SOPs and completed per the manufacturing schedule. The Shift Lead is expected to be the first point of contact for all processing challenges and must be able act independently.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Supervise a team of RA’s in the performance of next generation sequencing assays and sample preparation
- Perform highly complex testing according to established SOPs (Nucleotide extraction and purification, NGS library prep, hybridization, and sequencing).
- Operate automated 8-span and 96-head liquid handling platforms for sample processing
- Operate quantification, sizing, and NGS instruments
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Open nonconformance results in the Quality System and drive the resulting investigations
- Maintain accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, and assigned projects
- Effectively communicate with other team members and management that will not always have overlapping work hours
- Perform weekly and monthly laboratory and equipment maintenance
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer
- Adhere to our Quality System Management program
- Perform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned and assist others as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry of equivalent
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing (NGS) techniques, including library prep, enrichment and Illumina sequencer operation
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience working in regulated CLIA / CAP or equivalent environments
- Experience with lean and six sigma manufacturing techniques such as 5S is desirable
Personalis is an equal opportunity employer. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.