Protein interactions and Characterization Scientific Lead, Senior Scientist 1 Protein Analytics
Livzon San-Med Dx Inc (LSM) incorporated in Delaware, is a US based wholly owned subsidiary of the Livzon Pharma Group. We are looking for a focused, industrious, and likable candidate to fill a vacant position for a Scientist I Protein Analytics. This is a USA-based position, located in the Thousand Oaks, CA area. The successful candidate must be either a US citizen, or a US work-eligible permanent resident.
Livzon San-Med Dx (LSM) integrates diverse innovations in science, technology, and medicine to transform the care of people with serious diseases with a special focus on cancer. LSM is taking a multi-program, multi-platform approach to applying breakthroughs in liquid biopsy technology, to provide diagnostic information to direct targeted therapy and therapeutic immune responses. LSM is a fast moving team which allows for a scale and scope to perform significant internal R&D, producing innovative IP technology/platforms assets.
JOB SUMMARY: LSM is seeking an experienced protein chemist to conduct analytical development to support a variety of diagnostic platforms, including use of recombinant antibodies. The main responsibilities involve characterization of antibody-antigen interactions and the proteins themselves in order to better understand the use of monoclonal antibodies as labeling reagents. This individual will develop, implement and execute methods to characterize cell surface antigens and reagents to identify same. This role will involve laboratory bench work as well as authoring SOPs and development reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Function as a company-wide subject matter expert on antigen-antibody physical and chemical interactions, protein characterization and quantitation in biological fluids and tissues
- Develop analytical methods to study and characterize cell surface proteins.
- Support protein-labeling (biotinylation, fluorescent labeling, etc.) work flow by independently conducting the conjugation, purification and characterization of materials to support various aspects of the discovery pipeline.
- Perform troubleshooting and evaluation of protein/antibody methods.
- Work cross functionally to support other areas of organization such as Quality Control, Analytical Development, Process Development, and Research groups.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support regulatory submissions.
- Innovate and develop new/established test methods.
- Mentor/train junior staff on protein analytical chemistry techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, detail-oriented and able to work independently in a fast-paced team environment with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Exhibit high-quality English written and oral communication skills and the ability to excel in a collaborative environment.
- Exhibit high-quality technical writing skills and experience authoring development reports, SOPs, regulatory filings, or other documents.
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects
- PhD and 4+ years, of experience in assay development in the biotech field
Livzon San-Med Dx provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.