Senior HVAC Engineer
PM Group wishes to recruit a Senior Mechanical / HVAC Engineer with 10-15 years’ experience to work on projects in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology, Mission Critical/Data Center, Healthcare, Advanced Technology, and Medical Technologies sectors.
The Senior Mechanical / HVAC Engineer position is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from the taking of a client brief through proposal preparation and project execution. Leadership is an important part of this role. The ability to motivate and mentor others in a dynamic growing office environment is required. Proven design excellence experience in complex facilities is required.
The position is based in Fremont, California and will require some travel.
- Extensive technical understanding and knowledge of various heating and cooling systems including:
- air and water side economizers, centrifugal chillers, chilled water distribution, open and closed loop systems and thermal storage cooling systems, CRAH and CRAC air handling equipment and knowledge of water treatment practices.
- Experience with fuel oil storage, distribution & protection system, generators and UPS systems including ventilation requirements.
- Technical knowledge of building automation systems including monitoring and alarm systems.
- Good working knowledge of electrical design requirements.
- Experience of cleanroom design in the High Tech / Advanced Tech, Medical Technologies, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology sectors
- Coordinate, lead and deliver the engineering design for complex, multidiscipline projects.
- Manage the delivery of detailed design and construction deliverables from the design team.
- Plan and manage project work and resources.
- Successfully manage client expectations.
- Ensure that company quality policies and procedures are implemented on projects.
- Ensure the success of delivered designs within man-hour budgets, within schedule, meet client requirements, meet code requirements, and are practical for execution.
- Lead, develop and mentor staff.
- Participate in proposal activity and present PM Group’s engineering capability to potential clients.
- 10-15 years of project design experience as a lead engineer involving mechanical and plumbing systems for industrial facilities
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering discipline
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Computer-aided design software and proficiency in Microsoft Office software is a plus.
- AutoCAD & Revit knowledge and proficiency are a plus.
- Knowledge of Title 24
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible and willing to travel to meet project requirements
- Understanding of process engineering design is a plus
- Self-motivated and self-organized.
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work.
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, project management and organizational skills.
PM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PM Group is a leading international engineering, architecture and project management firm. With a network of offices in Europe, Asia and the US and a multi-discipline team of 2,200 people, we deliver complex, capital projects in the pharma, bio-tech, med tech, food, mission critical, advanced manufacturing and energy sectors.