Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry
Proneurotech is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery of novel neuroprotective drugs that prevent axon degeneration: a key pathological component of many neurological and ocular diseases. PNT is leveraging recent insights from its scientific founders to unravel the fundamental biology of axon preservation and develop breakthrough treatments for patients with neurodegenerative diseases. Our rapidly growing team combines research in biochemistry, molecular genetics, neurology, and synthetic chemistry to create drugs which directly combat the central mechanisms of axon loss.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate researcher to join our founding team. We offer the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of neurodegenerative research and participate in building a premier neurobiology company from the ground floor. Ideal candidates will bring intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor, and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.
- Generate high quality recombinant proteins for downstream experiments
- Participate in the development and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and implement solutions
- Contribute to the design of new protocols and experiments
- Work under the guidance and mentorship of Scientists to execute key experiments
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Keep up to date with scientific literature relating to neurodegeneration
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously within a functional area
- Effectively collaborate and communicate across a diverse scientific team to successfully progress scientific goals
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years of hands on research experience in protein biochemistry in an industrial or academic setting
- The ability to design and clone protein expression plasmids, and analyze DNA sequencing results
- Proficiency with recombinant protein expression in mammalian and E. coli expression systems
- Proficiency with the use of AKTA FPLCs and Unicorn software
- Hands-on experience with multi-step purifications including refolding insoluble proteins and various chromatography techniques
- Skilled at routine protein biochemistry techniques including but not limited to SDS-PAGE, protein quantification, and western-blotting
- Experience designing and implementing biochemical assays
- Familiarity with enzyme kinetics and inhibition mechanisms is desirable
- Proficiency in analyzing data with GraphPad Prism is desirable
- Prior experience with X-ray crystallography is desirable
- Prior experience in a drug-discovery setting is a plus
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to resolve routine issues using appropriate information
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, communicate clearly, work within departmental groups, and to build open and collaborative relationships is essential
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers site at http://proneurotech.com/.
Proneurotech Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.