Client Project Management Team Lead
Personalis is an Immunogenomics company helping pharmaceutical companies drive the development of the next generation of cancer immunotherapies including Personalized Cancer Vaccines. Through our universal biomarker discovery platform, ACE ImmunoID, we provide researchers with a deeper understanding of the tumor’s mutational landscape, possible immune escape mechanisms and its unique microenvironment. Personalis immunogenomic services include deep exome and transcriptome sequencing coupled with proprietary analytics engines, all conducted in our state-of-the-art laboratory.
You will work with a world-class, dynamic team of bioinformatics scientists, software engineers, laboratory scientists, assay developers, product managers, and clinicians applying our cutting-edge cancer and immuno-oncology solutions to plan, manage, analyze, and interpret impactful collaborative R&D projects. Your work will contribute to a new generation of genomics based precision medicine products in immuno-oncology and cancer clinical trials, diagnostics, and therapeutics being used by pharma, biotech, hospitals and clinicians. Located in Menlo Park, CA, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Client Project Management Team Lead to join our Team.
The Scientific PM Team Manager will lead a team of Project Managers as well as acting as lead for key accounts. The team coordinates client interactions from order to project close including: project planning, status updates, data delivery and invoicing. The Client PM Team Manager will drive development of the Personalis brand to create a best in class project management experience for our clients as well developing internal tools to capture and report on the critical deliverables such as: timelines, quality, and budget.
- Supervise a team of Client Project Managers to ensure successful deliver ensure successful execution and completion of outlined deliverables.
- Develop a best in class project management experience for clients emphasizing consistent structured client communication for each stage of a project
- Develop systems and internal processes to capture and report on critical project information to inform client communication and to share with internal stakeholder such as Sales, Finance and Operations
- Coordinate logistics for biological sample procurement and their entry into the Personalis lab.
- Drive continuous improvement to increase team efficiency and robustness including partnering with internal Personalis software teams to improve proprietary software systems
- Serve as point of contact for internal teams and external customers.
- Ensure that projects remain on schedule, within budget and meet quality standards according to SOPs, GLP, CLIA and/or other Regulatory and client requirements/guidelines.
- Collaborates with service providers serving as a primary point of contact for internal and external teams regarding progress on project/program goals.
- Proactively identifies issues and drives the team to find solutions. Develops contingency and troubleshooting plans as needed.
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience in the life sciences/biotech industry (e.g. CRO or Academia)
- Strong preference for experience with customer facing projects with an emphasis on coordinating projects between clients and service providers or partnerships
- Prior supervisorial experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the overall workflow from sample procurement, through processing, analysis, results delivery, and customer follow-up.
- Experience in biological sample management.
- Understanding of laboratory information systems (LIMS) related to sample processing and management
- Ability to prioritize, and analyze workflows for results. Good time management, decision-making, presentation, and organization skills required.
- Possesses excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project and functional teams.
- Proven ability/expertise to influence internal teams and outside service providers to achieve project goals.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint
- Experience with project management software and Unix is a plus.
- Familiarity with CLIA/CAP/GLP requirements a plus.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field graduate degree preferred
Personalis is an equal opportunity employer. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.