Clinical Operation Support Specialist - Accessioner
Personalis is an Immunogenomics company helping pharmaceutical companies drive the development of the next generation of cancer immunotherapies including Personalized Cancer Vaccines. Through our universal biomarker discovery platform, ACE ImmunoID, we provide researchers with a deeper understanding of the tumor’s mutational landscape, possible immune escape mechanisms and its unique microenvironment.
The primary responsibilities include recording and inventorying of samples sent for laboratory testing of sample accessioning, there will be a need to provide back-up support to the Project Management Team, on as needed basis. It is imperative to work independently.
The accessioner will support the clinical lab staff with sample intake, accessioning and return. This will entail following all relevant SOPs and working with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). Specific responsibilities include:
- Confirming incoming samples meet acceptability standard for testing
- Documenting incomplete or unacceptable specimens
- Creating sample batches in LIMS and labeling the samples with associated unique lab identifiers
- Maintain sample inventory logs
- Preparing and packaging samples for shipment to clients or other testing sites
- Logging test reports and other sample data into LIMS
- Work closely with the Leads of the Pre-Post and Client Services Teams to provide consistent and ongoing support to the entire department
- Preform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned and assist others as time allows
- Assist in the update and development of pertinent SOPs
- Position is initially Monday through Friday moving to Tuesday through Saturday after approximately 3 months
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of AA in Health Information Systems or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Health Information Systems, Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field preferred.
- Ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
- Strong computing skills
- Previous laboratory work experience preferred
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
Personalis is an equal opportunity employer. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.