Associate Clinical Data Analytics
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly Clinical Design, Delivery and Analytics (CDDA) is looking to expand our capabilities in the analytics space by partnering with well-versed analytic professionals to further develop and deliver analytics that support our ever growing portfolio.
Are you excited about analytics? Do you have broad experience (industry or educational) in the areas of predictive and/or prescriptive analytics, machine learning, metrics, reporting, and visualizations? Chosen individuals should be comfortable with various data concepts (data wrangling, data modeling, data mining) and have a deep understanding of databases (concepts, schemas, normalization). Finally, a solid understanding of industry tools and languages like Tableau, Spotfire, ‘R', and Shiny. Be a part of the team that delivers cutting edge solutions that bolster the exciting future of Lilly CDDA.
This role in the Clinical Information and Process Automation (CIPA), Innovation Systems groups acts as the business subject matter expert for the innovation systems within the CDDA. You will execute business projects while maintaining capabilities on system processes, integrations and improvements. Collaboration with other functional areas within the organization and IT to execute implementation is key. You will also have opportunities partner with our vendors who are delivering these capabilities. Key responsibilities of this role include:Clinical Information Systems Expertise
- Lead clinical technology projects that span across multiple functions, vendors, and external organizations.
- Ensure process and/or technology interfaces are optimized across all affected areas.
- Provide business case analysis as needed.
- Define, measure and achieve proficiency with new tools/technology and processes applicable to focus area.
- Support internal audits and external inspections.
- Provide knowledge of technologies and how they can enable processes across clinical development
- Continually seek and implement means of improving processes to reduce cycle time and decrease work effort.
- Resolve operational issues that arise and apply shared findings across functions and to external organizations
- Create best practices to be shared cross functionally.
- Perform root cause analysis and apply knowledge to current and future projects.
- Partner with various business and therapeutic areas as appropriate to deliver the portfolio.
- Develop, track and maintain metrics for area of focus.
- Partner with LRL Financial and Procurement to handle budgets, invoice processing, work orders and contracts related to projects.
- Identify, anticipate, monitor and communicate global customer needs and requirements that are related to process and/or technology.
- Partner and/or strengthen relationships between key providers or customers within CLDS and IT.
- Partner with vendors to facilitate a good customer experience.
- Actively participate across the team.
- Bachelor's degree with experience in reporting, analytics, or clinical information flow with expertise in related processes and evolving technologies pertaining reporting, metrics, and/or analytics.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Supply chain and logistics experience.
- Technical knowledge to develop requirements and/or study project deliverables (i.e. SAS, .xml).
- Vendor management/oversight skills.
- Strong business insight.
- Technical/System experience with clinical or laboratory data.
- Applied knowledge in Predictive Analytics, Prescriptive Analytics, Machine Learning, Metrics, Reporting and visualizations.
- Applied understanding of Tableau, Spotfire, R, Shiny, etc.
- Applied experience in data wrangling, data modeling, data mining, etc.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of database concepts, database schemas, and the normalization of data
- Indianapolis Based Position.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.