Associate, Knowledge Discovery Services
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
We are creating a new role within the Library to provide coordinate the delivery of knowledge discovery services within the Library. The Library offers a number of data and information services to AbbVie which require development and coordination across a broad set of teams. This client facing role will focus on understanding key client needs related to Library services and working with Information Research data and information scientists to deliver the needed capabilities. The Associate will help the Library establish a much needed demand management process for provision of Library services. Additionally, the Associate will have to be comfortable interacting with both scientists and technologists to elucidate needed requirements and help determine path to delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• scope and clarify user requirements for Library capabilities
• define work needed to deliver requested services whether from Library or broader IR / BTS teams
• influence collaborators to coordinate delivery of new Library capabilities across teams and stakeholders
• monitor status of delivery of services and generate reports on key metrics for senior leadership
• investigate and advise business and technology leadership on emerging technologies related to Library capabilities
• achieve great results while overwhelmingly demonstrating key AbbVie values and behaviors
• BA in Sciences, Information Systems, Library Science, Computer Science or related field; MS+ preferred.
• requirements analysis & design
• comfortable with ambiguity
• strong customer focus and presence
• exceptional oral communication skills
• exceptional written / presentation development skills
• comfort dealing with staff at all levels of the organization
• excited about working on a global team with a very diverse customer base
• high degree of comfort and skill with MS Powerpoint, MS Excel required
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing to scientists and non-scientists
• Ability to manage a multiple projects with multiple teams and collaborations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled