About the Job:
This position will join a team of dedicated, creative and collaborative scientific professionals. The challenging role will contribute to the development and validation of qualified reagent and IVD immunohistochemistry (IHC) products. This position will design and perform experiments, troubleshoot as needed, analyze and interpret data, and create written reports. In addition, this scientific professional will be involved in in immunogen design, screening strategies for IHC antibody development. Lastly, this role will contribute to IVD quality management activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Design, test and validate IHC product line for IVD market under design control guidelines.
- Review, interpret staining results and generate IHC reports to meet time line for Custom Service IHC project
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents under FDA QSR and ISO13485 guidelines. Contribute to technical files under the guidelines of ISO13485.
- Write and publish scientific publications.
- Provide technical support for IHC product line to internal and external customers.
- Interface with scientific staff within or outside own department, site, function and across projects, as well as with academic collaborations, external consultants or scientists, etc.
- Design and perform standard data analyses and possess the ability to effectively communicate results to team, to analyze and troubleshoot technical issues relating to protocol development and quality.
- Prepare and compile product design history files in compliance with ISO13485 and FDA QSR guidelines
- Communicate detailed information both verbally and in technical reports and notebook records.
- Perform immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry assays as additional screening methods for antibody characterizations.
- Comply with all SOPs and safety standards.
- Provide the necessary time and resources to adequately and effectively implement health and safety in their area of responsibility.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employees must contribute to a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to health and safety regulations and company policies. Employees must act in a responsible manner to ensure the care of their own health and safety and where appropriate, their team and that of others who may be affected by their omissions at work.
- Ph.D. degree in pathology, molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular pathology, immunology, or other Life Sciences
- One year of relevant lab experience in cancer biology and biomarker
- Experience with immunogen design and antibody development is preferred.
- Background in developing immunoassays in one or more of the following areas: IHC, flow cytometry (FACS)or other advanced immune-assays.
- Working experience in an industry setting, and ability to research and assimilate scientific information is a plus.
- Highly motivated with a keen attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks following defined timeline.
- Must be able to establish strong working relationships within the company, and with collaborators and customers.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills is required.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, scientific software.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.