Scientist, Protein Production
We are currently seeking a Scientist to join a Development and Manufacturing team. The successful candidate will perform protein production and process development activities to generate high quality proteins for research use, and support manufacturing process development for clinical candidates. Laboratory responsibilities include both upstream production, primarily with mammalian cell culture processes, and downstream protein purification.
The role requires the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross-functional, intensely fast-paced team environment. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible with the ability to handle rapidly changing objectives and timelines. Experience in an industrial lab focused on protein therapeutics discovery/development is also desired. Experience with MS software is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and scientific software (DeltaV, Unicorn) is preferred.
The ideal candidate:
- Ph.D. with 0-3 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in development and execution of protein purification processes utilizing chromatography and filtration based technologies
- Experience in harvest, clarification, and recovery processes
- Knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements related to biologics manufacturing and controls
- Extremely detail-oriented and diligent in experimental design, data analysis and review
- Organized and able to execute multiple activities in parallel
- High level of motivation and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a dynamic, high energy, fast-paced team and collaborate with cross-functional groups