Corporate Counsel, IP
Strategic management and development of worldwide patent portfolio.
Reporting to the Chief Intellectual Property Counsel, the Corporate Counsel, IP will:
•Help to manage and develop worldwide patent portfolio for all of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co.’s North American subsidiary companies, including Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Tolero Pharmaceuticals and Boston Biomedical, through in-house drafting of patent applications and responses to worldwide PTO correspondence and efficient management of outside counsel.
• Work closely with R&D teams to identify and protect new intellectual property, and counsel and educate scientists and product development teams on intellectual property matters.
• Reviewing abstracts, manuscripts, posters and other information intended for public disclosure for possible IP concerns.
• Review and analyze third party intellectual property to ensure patentability and freedom to operate, identify any potential issues and advise project teams.
• Support business development activities with active participation on global due diligence teams.
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, and internal and external counsel to proactively support products and business goals.
• Manage trademark portfolio.
• Review and negotiate IP provisions in R&D and various other contracts.