Research Scientist, Immunology and Immuno-Oncology
Actavalon is seeking a highly motivated Immunologist with expertise in immunology and cancer biology to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and cancer.
• PhD in Immunology or Molecular Biology
• Clearly demonstrated skill set in immunology or immuno-oncology is required.
• In-depth knowledge of T cell biology with extensive experience with mammalian cell culture is a must
• Knowledge in the design, validation and execution of in vitro and ex vivo flow cytometry-based phenotypic assays and functional characterization of immune cell populations
• Expertise in isolation, characterization and functional assay development using primary immune cells of rodent and human origin
• Experience with in vivo tumor model development is desirable
• Excellent communication and organization skills are a must
• Attention to detail with excellent record keeping skills
• Positive outlook and a team-oriented attitude
• Perform and analyze studies involving in vitro and ex vivo testing of Actavalon’s small molecule therapeutics
• Assessment of T cell phenotype through multi-parameter flow cytometry
• Assessment of T cell function using standard in vitro assays looking at proliferation, cytokine secretion, polyfunctionality, and target cell killing
• Support programs at Actavalon in the areas of tumor immunology and immunotherapies
Actavalon is currently a resident company at the J&J Innovation center (JLABS) San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.actavalon.com.
San Diego area residents only, please. Applications from outside of San Diego County will not be considered. To apply, please email CV to actavalonHR@gmail.com