Research Scientist, Immunology and Immuno-Oncology
Actavalon is seeking a highly motivated Immunologist with expertise in immunology and cancer biology to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and cancer.
• PhD in Immunology or Molecular Biology
• Clearly demonstrated skill set in immunology or immuno-oncology is required.
• In-depth knowledge of T cell biology with extensive experience with mammalian cell culture is a must
• Knowledge in the design, validation and execution of in vitro and ex vivo flow cytometry-based phenotypic assays and functional characterization of immune cell populations
• Expertise in isolation, characterization and functional assay development using primary immune cells of rodent and human origin
• Experience with in vivo tumor model development is desirable
• Excellent communication and organization skills are a must
• Attention to detail with excellent record keeping skills
• Positive outlook and a team-oriented attitude
• Perform and analyze studies involving in vitro and ex vivo testing of Actavalon’s small molecule therapeutics
• Assessment of T cell phenotype through multi-parameter flow cytometry
• Assessment of T cell function using standard in vitro assays looking at proliferation, cytokine secretion, polyfunctionality, and target cell killing
• Support programs at Actavalon in the areas of tumor immunology and immunotherapies
Actavalon is currently a resident company at the J&J Innovation center (JLABS) San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.actavalon.com.
To apply, please email CV to actavalonHR@gmail.com