Cell Biology/Pharmacology Scientist
Carmot Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation.
Carmot is seeking a dedicated and experienced cell biologist with pharmacology experience to join the biology team to help advance multiple discovery programs toward clinical development. In this position, you will design and execute drug discovery studies using cell culture and mammalian in vivo models. In particular, you will be utilizing in vivo metabolic disease models to support compound characterization and mechanism of action studies. These efforts will support lead discovery and translational biology for clinical compounds. The environment at Carmot is fast paced, requiring you to be excellent at multitasking and working within a team to achieve common goals.
- Develop and perform cell based assays to characterize newly identified compounds
- Investigate and validate mechanism of action of drug leads
- Design and execute efficacy and mechanism of action studies using animal models
- Effectively communicate results to team members and collaborators
- Identify new opportunities and initiatives and help drive innovation
Required experience and skills:
- PhD in cell biology or pharmacology with 3-5 years of post-graduate in vivo pharmacology experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following disease areas:
- Liver disease, in particular NAFLD/NASH
- Metabolic syndrome research: appetite regulation, adipose tissue dysregulation and inflammation
- Diabetes related pathologies such as kidney failure, diabetic wound healing and tissue repair, neuropathy, retinopathy, and cardiovascular/microvascular disease
- Extensive experience in working with animal models and tissue culture
- Self-starter with ability to design and execute experiments independently
- Flexible work schedule with ability to contribute to evening and weekend efforts
- Ability to multitask and contribute to multiple projects and rapidly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Additional experience within tumor biology and xenograft studies is a plus
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is at Carmot’s San Francisco site. At Carmot we value diverse perspectives and encourage our scientists to contribute at multiple levels within the organization. Carmot is an equal opportunity employer.