Director Assay Development
Director of Assay Development
The Director of Assay Development will lead and oversee all aspects of multiomics assay development efforts within the iCarbonX’s US Digital Biology R&D groupin San Ramon, California. The Director is responsible for management of assay development staff and lab resources supporting the research and development of human proteomics, genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics and immunomics based assays for various diseases and health conditions. The Director will be responsible for ensuring assays are developed following company policies and procedures, particularly as they relate to assays developed to meet regulatory requirements. The Director will also manage efforts on technology and platform development, R&D biological sample management, assay protocol optimization and low to mid throughput bioassays using clinical samples. The Director’s responsibility will also include design, development, and execution of multiple research and development projects and managing the transfer of new assays to production with focus on quality control in a clinical laboratory environment.
- Designs, implements and directs development of assays critical to corporate strategies and product requirements.
- Ensures assay development projects are appropriately designed and executed to be compliant with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assesses and validates new technologies within designated multiomics fields.
- Draft and review scientific data and reports to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Recruit and develop resources in the Assay Development group
- Work closely with assay development counterparts in our R&D group in Shenzhen, China
- Interface with collaborators and/or customers on assigned projects
- Propose novel strategies and technologies to solve scientific and technical challenges
- Provide update of project status at periodic project review meetings
- Work cross-functionally with other research teams and with other departments, both within and outside the company to drive programs forward into production
- Mentor junior level scientists
- Manage the daily operation of the R&D lab
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics, or in the related field
- 10+ years industry experience in assay development
- Demonstrates a strong track record of productivity through product development, publication, or presentation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter disciplinary environment
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams and managing laboratory operations
Experience and Technical Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrate strong technical proficiency in multiomics assays
- Experience in leading, mentoring and providing guidance to junior scientists
- Expert knowledge of developing assays in one or more areas in genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics
- Experience designing and executing studies to evaluate, characterize or develop assays for clinical applications
- Good organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects in parallel
- Dedicated, hard-working, and dependable
- Strong communication, writing and data presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
Additional Skills Desired
- Experience working in a GCLP and or FDA regulated environment is desired
- Familiarity with various assay and diagnostic platforms is a big plus
- Prior experience working in autoimmune diseases, neurodegeneration diseases or immune-oncology would be a plus
- Familiarity with LIMS
- Experience working with external collaborators
- Bioinformatics and statistical data analysis skills
- Bilingual or strong knowledge of Mandarin
In April 2018, we formed the iCarbonX group with the merger of 3 companies - CarbonX, PatientsLikeMe, and HealthTell. Our vision is to fundamentally transform the healthcare & wellness of individuals & communities by unlocking the power of deep & dynamic digitization of biological information. By combining multi-omics biological data, smart device biophysical data and patient’s phenotypic data with artificial intelligence, iCarbonX will enable a real-time, deep assessment on one’s health and wellness, and deliver a personalized guide and range of products to help people live a healthy, longer life. To achieve our vision, we are developing state of art multi-omics technology platforms to digitalize biological data and apply insights gained from the process into development of medical and wellness products.
iCarbonX is an equal opportunity employer.