Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of a next generation immunotoxin platform technology called Engineered Toxin Bodies (ETB) in oncology. MTEM's lead program, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and additional pipeline drug candidates are being advanced toward clinical development for a variety of cancers. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-skilled and highly-motivated professional to lead financial planning and analysis efforts. The Director, FP&A will also be primarily responsible for supporting the Company's research and development departments. This position will support monthly financial close activities, ongoing budgeting and analysis support, and vendor and purchase order management, specifically related to research and development activity. This role requires strong background in budgeting and forecasting, excellent analytical, organizational and prioritization skills, and ability to apply attention to detail.
- Lead financial planning and analysis, including budget preparation and periodic financial forecast updates and budget to actual analysis.
- Support Research and Development Departments in the aggregation of planned spend by project/function and prepare departmental budget, ensure that forecasts and budgets accurately reflect the financial aspects of purchase orders, provide financial analyses to support business requirements or decision making, and provide variance analysis reporting on regular and ad hoc basis.
- Manage accounting functions and preparation of reports, including but not limited to: Act as primary liaison for research and development operations, , work closely with R&D teams to validate project completion and accruals, review R&D contracts and amendments, track invoices received from vendors, , manage routing of purchase requisitions and invoices for approval, and provide appropriate departmental and project coding, track spend to date against purchase orders and contracts, prepare accurate journal entries and account reconciliations, contribute to the monthly close process, and develop and distribute financial operating reports, including monthly and quarterly financial statements variance reporting to budget and prior periods.
- Support SOX control procedures.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance-related major
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience, with recent experience as R&D/clinical Accountant or Manager for publicly-traded biotechnology/pharmaceutical, required
- Demonstrated experience leading budget and forecast process
- Combined experience of public accounting and biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, preferred
- CPA preferred
- Experience with budgeting software program, required
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP), preferred
- Proficient in use of advanced Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively, and exercise good judgement
- Ability to synthesize complex information from data from multiple sources.
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage projects for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive and high-volume environment
- Ability to effectively identify key contacts for follow-up and communicate project status to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding and timeliness
This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time. This position reports to the SVP Finance & Corporate Controller.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.