Associate Director, PV Alliance Management
This position reports into the Business Solutions department in the Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety (PPS) organization. The PPS organization works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues across the product lifecycle to identify, evaluate, understand and communicate the safety profile of our drugs to protect patients worldwide.Provide oversight, leadership and strategic direction to the Business Solutions (BS) Product Safety Team (PST) Project Managers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Translate PPS and PST vision and strategy into clear departmental vision, roadmap and strategic priorities for the PST Project Managers.
- Build strategic partnerships with PST Leads, Therapeutic Area Heads and key stakeholders (within and outside PPS) to advance the department's priorities in driving PST excellence
- Perform management activities including coaching, hiring, onboarding, career development and performance reviews to maximize potential of reporting Project Managers. Build desired culture in the PST PM team.
- Collaborate with the PST Operations Excellence Leader to strategically prioritize, manage and utilize PST project management resources. Provide input to the assignment and forecasting of utilization of Project Manager resources; Anticipate and address resource needs.
- Review PST metrics and provide strategic guidance to the PST Project Managers in order raise the bar in quality and timeliness of deliverables, as well as ensure due diligence in readiness for inspections and audits.Collaborate with the PST Operations Excellence Leader to ensure the PST Project Managers implement the suggested continuous improvement initiatives driven by the PST Operations Managers.
- Proactively promote best practice and knowledge sharing across PSTs. Share PST best practices with other PM teams across AbbVie and seek to learn and adopt their best practices.Mentor other PMs to adopt best practices.
- Manage multiple complex Product Safety Teams across multiple Therapeutic Areas and across all phases of the product lifecycle. Help shape the PST strategic priorities and drive implementation. Support the PST Lead in achieving their internal partnership/influence and external presence goals. Support the framing of safety issues and analysis of impact of safety decisions. Act as a conduit for connecting the dots across other decisions, discussions and actions across the organization
- Support the escalation of safety issues and decisions to management and Safety Review Board (SRB). Create escalation documentation (e.g. SRB presentations) and help prepare the PST Leads for discussions. Manage the close-out of SRB action items for assigned PSTs. Coach PMs and PST Leads on best practices in engaging with the SRB in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Represent the PST Lead and PST decisions in other committees/meetings. Drive timely development of key PST deliverables by planning and facilitating productive working sessions to create deliverables. Support content creation of deliverables. Lead complex, high impact cross-functional projects.Drive strategy for inspection /audit readiness activities to ensure document quality and requests are fulfilled in a timely manner. Provide subject matter expertise for PST process related inquiries.
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare discipline (i.e.: Life Science, Pharmacy, nursing or healthcare profession, or biomedical disciplines.
- Masters or advanced degree is desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled