Proneurotech, Inc. is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel neuroprotective drugs that prevent axon degeneration for the treatment of neurologic and ocular diseases.
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to join our founding team and oversee all aspects of facilities maintenance and operations at our state-of-the-art research facility located at The Cove in South San Francisco.
- Manage all aspects of facilities operations, maintenance, security, and compliance.
- Schedule and oversee preventive maintenance, repairs and monitoring of major building systems in collaboration with Landlord (boilers, chillers, RO/DI, stills vacuum pumps, DI skid, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical).
- Proactively solve facility problems/inefficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Monitor the facility, systems and utilities daily.
- Ensure site compliance with all applicable agencies, including but not limited to OSHA, FDA and EH&S.
- Act as a liaison with outside maintenance contractors, landlord and property manager to provide direction for completion of necessary work and building/property issues.
- Partner with the Operations Manager to assist in planning and managing future facility modifications, both prior to and during occupancy.
- Handle all aspects of Shipping and Receiving including receiving, inspecting and signing for all packages coming into the building; matching items received with packing slip and purchase order: and delivery to the appropriate party/department.
- Handle the packaging, scheduling and documentation of shipments leaving the building.
- Distribute mail to all employees
- Assist Lab Operations Manager with assorted tasks including installation of laboratory equipment, equipment relocations, space planning, furniture placement, etc.
- Interface with external vendors and service companies as well as internal management, purchasing, IT and facility groups.
- Oversee janitorial services and ensure that housekeeping is held to a high standard.
- Manage facilities expenses within approved budget
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated, proactive, highly organized and solutions/results-oriented
- Positive and professional attitude with high integrity and passion for work
- Strong work ethic to execute a variety of projects as the business grows
- Detail-oriented with a sense of urgency and follow through
- The ability to work independently efficiently and quickly assimilate and thrive in a start-up environment
- Experience within a fast paced and demanding environment
- High school degree with at least 6 years of experience managing a life sciences research facility.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot complex systems and use sound judgement.
- Must be available for building and critical equipment emergencies 24/7.
- Fluent English speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office and computer systems.
For immediate consideration please submit your CV through our careers site at http://proneurotech.com/.
Proneurotech Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.