Associate Scientist / Senior Research Associate – FACS/Cell Biology
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist who is able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision to generate high-quality data in a fast-paced environment. In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his skills in flow cytometry and immunology to develop methods to enrich for B and T cell populations and to sort cells into microplates. The candidate’s past experience with high-throughput cell sorting and immune cell biology will help us implement our novel technology and discover key drivers of effective immune responses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine fluorescence-labeling and sorting of immune cells into microplates for single cell sequencing
- Optimization of B and T cell sorting methods.
- PBMC isolation from peripheral blood
- Analysis of data and preparation of reports/summary
- Troubleshooting and devising alternative strategies when necessary
- Providing training and direction to Research Associates as needed
- Supporting all FACS/Cell Biology needs of the team
- Following laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- A degree in immunology, cell biology or related discipline
- BS/BA with 5+ years or MS with 3+ years of relevant research experience. Title will be commensurate with experience
- Experience with flow cytometry is required.
- Highly preferred: experience directly using FACS sorters to isolate cells
- Experience with the FACSAria, FACSJazz or Influx a plus
- Experience with primary cell cultures, cell-based assays, immunology, cancer biology a plus
- Experience in BSL 2 environments a plus
- Conscientious and excellent bench skills
- Excellent critical thinking, technical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and record keeping skills
- Proven ability to independently design and execute experiments of moderate complexity
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, and report conclusions accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to support multiple projects while meeting ambitious goals and timelines
- Self-motivated; possess a strong sense of urgency to drive a project to completion and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Candidate must be flexible and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer