Associate Scientist/Scientist - Bioinformatics
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a growing San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking a qualified Associate Scientist / Scientist to play an integral role in moving our discovery research efforts into the clinic. We are seeking a talented and motivated team member to support our target discovery, mechanism-of-action, and biology validation efforts. The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in bioinformatic research and NGS technologies, preferably in single-cell genomics.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Provide bioinformatics support for existing Pionyr therapeutic programs including analysis of high throughput experiments (RNA, DNA, single cell, flow cytometry, proteomics), and data management.
- Assist in the discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets via analysis of internal and external datasets (TCGA, GTEx, ICGC, CCLE, etc.)
- Organize and analyze results, effectively communicate and present findings in company and external meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- MS with a minimum of 5 years’ experience or PhD degree and 1-2 years’ experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Experience in genomic-based and sequence-level analysis such as RNA-seq, Exome-seq, Chip-seq, construction of data processing pipelines, quality control/quality assurance analysis, gene/transcript profiling and splicing analysis
- Data visualization experience (e.g., ggplot2, shiny, etc)
- Hands-on experience with commercial and open-source bioinformatics and NGS data analysis tools
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux scripting Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, R, Perl, C++
- Motivation to learn and use new and emerging techniques for single-cell based RNA and protein profiling
- Knowledge of AWS cloud computing, immunology, and/or cancer biology are pluses
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate in a team setting
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work Ability to critically interpret and effectively present data
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.
Qualified candidates may submit their cover letter and cv to email@example.com.