HQ Medical - Oncology - Biomarker Lead
The Biomarker lead will play a critical leadership role in the development and execution of BMS' oncology biomarker strategy. Reporting to the Head of Oncology, the biomarker lead will be accountable for biomarker related medical strategic planning and execution, and scientific and medical communication strategy. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing a broad biomarker strategy plan initially focusing on the utility and rollout of the PDL1 IHC assay and extending to other markers for upcoming indications
- Partnering with Full Development, PDx teams to ensure medical readiness, and with HQ and regional commercial teams to deliver against brand objectives
- Transforming biomarker data into medical knowledge for both internal and external stakeholders
- Creating a scientific and medical communication strategy, in partnership with Medical Publications and Development
- Planning and executing scientific content development for congresses and advisory boards
- Presenting biomarker data at congresses
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- 3-5 years Clinical or industry experience preferred
- Relevant industry experience (Medical Affairs or Clinical Development)
- Experience in a customer-facing role with thought leaders and key customers preferred
- Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Medical Affairs Background - Education, work experience and recognized expertise in Medical Affairs.
- Specialty Background - Education, work experience and recognized expertise in oncology/biomarkers.
- Customer & Stakeholder Engagement - Skill identifying relevant stakeholders, creating channels to gather their feedback and leveraging that feedback to meet the objectives of the business.
- Influence Across Matrix - Skill in identifying, building and maintaining key relationships across the enterprise and leveraging those relationships to gain/provide information, start/stop action and align on next steps to meet shared objectives.