Director, TA Medical Education & Adboards
The Associate Director of Global/US Therapeutic Area (TA) Medical Education and Ad Boards will be responsible for driving the development and execution of an holistic engagement strategy and tactical plan for Medical Education and Ad Board activities across US & Global for a given TA(s). He/She will lead, co-design, and coordinate through effective collaborations with GMA Global and US TA's Leads, PMs, brand teams AbbVie support teams and vendors the delivery of innovative, engaging, and high-quality Medical educational programs and Adboards for Health Care Providers (HCPs).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable to drive the development of a TA's MedEd strategic roadmap & Adboard plan inclusive of multiple assets within given TA across both US & Global Medical Affairs teams and taking into account while ensuring timing and alignment with noteworthy release of clinical findings and/or other major market events.
- Serve as subject matter expert on selection of most appropriate and engaging educational formats and channel in alignment with TA priorities, external customer needs, guidelines, and regulations. Responsible for ensuring an appropriate mix of educational formats and channels (e.g. F2F, Digital, IME, e-learning, webinars, etc.) are integrated within Medical Education and Ad Board plans
- Oversee the execution of all MedEd and Ad Board programs, effectively employing and coordinating all available resources and involved parties across vendors and multiple internal stakeholder groups. Ensures that cost, timeline, scope, and risk management plans are in place.
- Transform the identified educational or insights gaps into successfully implemented solutions. Accountable for ensuring the delivery of relevant, innovative, engaging, and balanced medical education programs and innovative Adboard formats in a manner consistent with Global and Affiliate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ensure integration of customer insights from medical education programs and advisory boards are integration into Medical Affairs and Brand Team discussions to inform strategic and tactical decision making. Lead the overall coordination and project management for external parties/vendors utilized to support logistics and content development for TA specific Medical Education and Ad Boards. Ensure vendors meet all internal policies and external regulations.
- Implement business improvements by streamlining activities and ensuring consistency across Global & US teams with respect to customer facing initiatives. Develop internal business processes and oversee effective implementation. Serve as process owner and proactively share best practices and learnings, insights and solution ideas.
- Build and maintains relationships with key stakeholders to promote MedEd & Ad Board services. Gather feedback and insights to better adjust the MedEd and Ad Board service portfolio to exceed internal stakeholders needs and priorities.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of, and ability to implement medical educational deliverables founded in the principles of adult education and instructional design. This includes development of a needs assessments and aligned, a tactical education plan, appropriate program/meeting design including measurable learning objectives, and utilizing creative delivery channels.
- Degree in Health Science or significant experience in Medical Affairs and/or medical education
- 5-7 years of work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, 3-5 years in Medical Affairs related roles strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership, self-management and organizational skills; able to manage workload, set personal and team priorities and adjust as needed; accounting competence for management of multi-million dollar budget
- Demonstrated experience managing external vendors.
- Experience in leading in a multi-task environment, across multiple countries, as well as in a virtual and matrix organization. Able to work in a Virtual Based role and able to work and communicate in virtual teams
- Knowledge of principles of adult education and instructional design is recommended / preferred
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills; capability to engage in external professional relationship building and networking. Strong business acumen; ability to think strategically and translate a strategy to an innovative and implementable plan.
- Ability to influence without authority in order to get cooperation from those who own the resources, information or support needed for success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to communicate clearly and succinctly with team members and leadership
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled